Frequently Asked Questions
If you have not found what you are looking for, please contact Darwin Port on 1300 327 946.
How long will the online induction take?
The Darwin Port Induction takes about 45 minutes.
What should I do if I have lost my Port Pass?
If you lose your Port Pass, you must report it to Darwin Port as soon as possible and the lost pass will be blocked.
Replacement Port Passes will need to be paid for over the phone by calling 1300 327 946 prior to collecting the replacement Port Pass.
What if I did not receive an email four weeks prior to my Port Pass expiry?
Please contact Darwin Port on 1300 327 946.
Can I register again for 1 month induction?
On expiration of your 1-month Darwin Port Induction you are unable to register for a 1 month again within a 24-month period, if you require access in that 24-month period, you must log in to your account and convert your access to 24-month and pay the fee of $82.50. You will then be required to collect your Port Pass from East Arm Wharf Security Gatehouse, ensuring you bring your signed trainee completion certificate.
What do I do if I have a one-off visitor?
One off visitor’s must be arranged by contacting Security email@example.com Information provided must include the name of each visitor, company, date, and estimated time of arrival. You must be an Port Pass holder to escort a visitor.
Can I use my signed Trainee Completion Certificate to gain entry to the Port?
Yes, your signed Trainee Completion Certificate and photo ID must be presented to the East Arm Wharf or Fort Hill Wharf Security Gatehouse. However, this will only be accepted for 14 days after you last completed the Online Induction. You must obtain your Port Pass to gain access outside of this 14-day timeframe.
What makes up 100 points of ID?
Documents for the 100-point check must be original or certified by a qualified person.
• Birth Certificate
• Australian or other Passport that contains a valid Australian Visa
• Evidence of Australian Residency
• Australian Citizenship certificate
• ASIC or MSIC Card
• Ochre Card
• Australian Licence or Permit
• Proof of Age Card issued by a State or Territory
• Identity document issued by an Aboriginal Land Council established by or under the Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1976 (Cth)
• An employee identification card issued by the Commonwealth, a State or Territory or a council under the Local Government Act that contains a photograph of the candidate
• Medicare, Pensioner Concession, or Health Care Card, credit or debit card or financial institution passbook (1 per institution only)
• Council rates notices (no more than 3 months old)
• Utilities Notice e.g., Power and Water bill (1 per utility) (no more than 3 months old)
• A document issued by financial Institution (no more than 3 months old)
• Overseas Drivers Licence
What do I do if I did not receive the receipt for the Online Induction payment?
Please contact Darwin Port Finance department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 327 946 with company name, name of inductee, date of payment and email address used when making payment.
Business hours: email@example.com or 1300 327946
After hours: firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 (8) 89190 816